[seL4] Change Access Right to Memory Pages

Norrathep Rattanavipanon nrattana at uci.edu
Tue May 2 15:32:09 AEST 2017

Hi Adrain and Gernot,

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, sorry, forgot to mention that we are
using ARM i.MX6 Sabre Lite and forgot to mention some backgrounds.

We are interested in benchmarking (1) the time to lock large memory regions
(switching from R/W to R/O) and (2) the time to map large memory regions as
Gernot mentioned its for providing a consistent snapshot of user memory.
So just to make sure the current implementation for that is the optimal
remap (modify paging structure, clean cache, invalidate tlb), correct?

@Gernot, right, per our discussion, we only discussed out a bulk mapping
operation (mapping from other processes into the root process) but I was
not sure about locking (which is remapping in this case). Thank you for
confirming.

Best,
Oak

--