[seL4] Change Access Right to Memory Pages

Gernot.Heiser at data61.csiro.au Gernot.Heiser at data61.csiro.au
Tue May 2 15:18:08 AEST 2017

On 2 May 2017, at 3:21 , Norrathep Rattanavipanon <nrattana at uci.edu<mailto:nrattana at uci.edu>> wrote:

2) If my understanding in 1) is correct, the remap function only takes 1 cap at a time.
So if I want to modify access rights of many pages, do I have to call the remap function multiple times?
Or is there a more efficient way to do so?

Hi Oak,

As we discussed in person, this is a known issue of our API, and I have presently a student doing some evaluations. I have your use case in mind when talking to the student – for everyone else’s benefit, this is about a consistent shapshot of user memory for doing remote attestation.

I would be interested in other use cases for a bulk re-mapping operation. I suspect that there are use cases where this might be a bottleneck, but it would be good to identify specific cases of enough significance to consider an API change. Certainly there won’t be a change if we don’t have convincing use cases.

Gernot