[seL4] ifc6410 loading instructions

Peter Chubb peter.chubb at nicta.com.au
Thu Feb 26 08:06:49 EST 2015

>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Nider <joel at nider.org> writes:

Joel> Hi,

Joel> I'm trying to follow the instructions for loading the test image
Joel> for ifc6410 on this page: http://sel4.systems/Hardware/IFC6410/

Joel> I'm not clear about the second instruction "> ramdisk".  It
Joel> looks to me like this is a redirection with some missing
Joel> parts. Can you please help me fill in the blanks?

That's correct -- an empty redirection creates a zero-length file,
which is what we want here.

The seL4test bundle doesn't need a ramdisk, but the bootimage has to
have one in it.  So we create an empty file and use it.

--
Dr Peter Chubb				        peter.chubb AT nicta.com.au
http://www.ssrg.nicta.com.au          Software Systems Research Group/NICTA