[seL4] Capability unwrapping

Gerwin Klein Gerwin.Klein at nicta.com.au
Fri Feb 13 14:12:10 EST 2015

Yes, that would be possible. It may imply a similar amount of book-keeping to sending caps sequentially, though, because you may need to allocate this cap storage every time. Depends a lot on the application.

Cheers,
Gerwin

On 13 Feb 2015, at 11:39, Harry Butterworth <heb1001 at gmail.com<mailto:heb1001 at gmail.com>> wrote:

Is it possible to send 1 cap to transfer ownership of a cnode full of more caps?

On Feb 13, 2015 7:54 AM, "Raoul Duke" <raould at gmail.com<mailto:raould at gmail.com>> wrote:
> However if in practice the number is always 1, 2 or 3

I understand that there is a pragmatic choice to be made. And
obviously I don't have a leg to stand on since (a) I do not contribute
to the project, (b) nor do I even use the project! So this is one of
those, "somebody is wrong on the Internet" kind of bike-shedding
true-scotsman type nit picking threads on my part.

Still... so far I haven't liked the wording used. I mean, how can
anybody know what the "in practice" number "always" is? It seemed like
/one person/ mentioned their one use case, and the magic value that
they personally like/need. That doesn't seem to be anywhere near, "is
always" to me. What if I decided tomorrow *I* need 7? Or even what if
the person who said 6 comes back in a month and says, "oh, golly, did
I say 6? I really meant to say 12." Yes, there is some amount of
reductio ad absurdum involved ;-). But the way I have read the
messages here it is as if God told us 6 is the right number. :-)

I'll do my best to shut up now :-) :-)